Director of Public Services Audit Department
Natig Taghiyev was born on March 18, 1957 in Aghdash rayon
In 1978 he graduated from the Faculty of Economy of Azerbaijan National Economic Institute named after D.Bunyadzade.
In 1978 he worked as an economist at Baku city State Insurance Department.
In 1980-1982 he worked as an inspector, senior inspector and deputy chief at State Insurance Department of Azerbaijan SSR.
In 1982-1983 he was the director of Republic Methodological Planning Department of Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan SSR.
In 1983-1994 he worked as senior lab assistant, junior researcher and senior researcher at Economics Institute of Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan SSR.
In 1994-2000 he worked as leading economist, deputy chair, and head of department and chair of department at the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
On June 14, 2003 he started to work at the Chamber of Accounts of the Republic of Azerbaijan as senior consultant, till 2019 he worked as chief consultant, head of sector and deputy head of the department, head of sector.
On January 01, 2019 he was appointed the director of Public Services Audit Department.
He was awarded with the Medal “For excellence in public sector” by the President of Azerbaijan Republic for the special achievements in the activity of the Chamber by the Order dated 2016 and Jubilee medal of the Republic of Azerbaijan "100 years of diplomatic service bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan (1919-2019)" by the Order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan numbered S/01-19 , dated July 09,2019.
He is the chief counsellor of civil service
He is married with four children.
Main Activities of Public Services Audit Department are as following:
- conducts control over the volume, structure and proper use of funds allocated for financing of public services expenses (except for scientific and public debt services);
- drafts its opinion on the draft State Budget for the next year in accordance with its area of activity;
- drafts its Opinion on annual report on state budget execution and relevant draft law;
- ensures preparation of the required material, which reflects the work of the Department based on the results of activities of financial and budgetary control, for drafting an annual report on the activities of the Chamber;
- makes proposals on the Work Plan of the Chamber in line with its areas of activity and presents them to the leadership of the Chamber;
- makes proposals on eliminating deviations, which were discovered following analytical examinations and audits, as well as on improving the budgetary process as a whole;
- ensures preparation of relevant legal and regulatory acts concerning issues within the competency of the Department;
- works in other areas specified by law.