Director of Social Areas Audit Department
Zafar Rzayev was born on October 11, 1968 in Jalair village of Aghsu rayon.
In 1993 he graduated from the Faculty of Finance of Azerbaijan State Economic Institute.
In 1993-2008 he worked as an economist, a consultant,a leading consultant,a head of sector at the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
In 2008-2014 he worked as the deputy head of Department of Control of Education, Science, Health and Culture Expenses, a head of sector of control of education and science expenses , in 2015 he was appointed the deputy head of Social Areas Audit Department , in 2016 the director of Social Areas Audit Department.
He was awarded with the Medal “For excellence in public sector” by the President of Azerbaijan Republic for the special achievements in the activity of the Chamber and on the occasion of 10th anniversary of the establishment of the Chamber of Accounts by the Order numbered 1809, dated October 31, 2011 and “The Taraggi” Medal (‘The Progress’ Medal) by the President of Azerbaijan Republic by the Order numbered 371, dated July 31, 2018.
He is the chief counsellor of civil service.
He is married with two children.
Main Activities of Social Areas Audit Department are as following:
• ensures organization and implementation of control over use of funds allocated from the State Budget to education, science, health and culture expenditures in a purposeful, efficient and prescribed manner;
• drafts its Opinion on the draft Law on State Budget for the next year in accordance with its areas of activity;
• drafts its Opinion on the annual report on the execution of the State Budget and the relevant draft law in accordance with its areas of activity;
• ensures preparation of the required material, which reflects the work of the Department based on the results of activities of financial and budgetary control, for drafting an annual report on the activities of the Chamber;
• makes proposals on the Work Plan of the Chamber in line with its areas of activity and presents them to the leadership of the Chamber;
• analyzes whether spending on education, science, health and culture is done as prescribed in the approved State Budget and makes proposals on eliminating discovered deviations, as well as on improving the budgetary process as a whole;
• ensures preparation of relevant legal and regulatory acts concerning issues within the competency of the Department;
• works in other areas specified by law.